Stay informed of upcoming events! Subscribe to our monthly newsletter:
Join DataMotion at our upcoming events! See our upcoming events or view our previous events below.
Leveraging Direct Messaging & Faxing to Move Patient Data in the Cloud
Use Secure Direct Messaging & HIPAA-Compliant Faxing to Solve Collaboration Challenges
Sponsored by DataMotion and Sfax, Box premier healthcare partners
Can cloud-based collaboration improve sharing of patient information at the point of care? Do you need to reduce paper-based faxing and scanning? EHRs are full of clinical data but most hospitals struggle with sharing patient data outside their firewalls. Box, a leading cloud-based collaboration solution, works with leading partners to aggregate medical information at the point-of-care.
Leverage Direct Messaging for Box to Securely Communicate with your EHR
- Extend collaboration into other systems by using the Direct Messaging protocol with Box.
- Map fax lines to a secure Box folder and move paper-based faxes into digital format; store, view and share patient files completely in the cloud.
- Send, receive, annotate and digitally sign and manage faxes without printing a single document.
Turn Health ‘Data’ into Useful Information
Original Air Date: Wednesday, May 18th
Data. What good does it do you if it’s not in the right place at the right time, and in a format you can use. This is especially true for health data. What are the implications of getting health data to places where it is wanted and will be used? In this webinar, we’ll cover health data movement trends and some practical implications for getting data where it’s needed:
- Recent ONC statements
- Mobile applications
- Care coordination and collaboration
- Chris Apgar, CISSP; CEO & President, Apgar & Associates
- Andy Nieto, Director Healthcare Solutions, DataMotion
healthsystemCIO.com All Stars Panel: Communications & Care Coordination – What’s Missing?
Original Air Date: Tuesday February 16
A key ingredient needed for effective care coordination is sharing information using seamless and secure communications between the extended care team – including patients and family members.
HIPAA, MU, Health Information Exchanges, EHRs, EMRs, HISPs, patient portals and other solutions and services have been deployed to make clinical information more accessible and sharable.
So how’s that working for your organization?
Join our panel of experts as they discuss the current state of technologies deployed for care coordination. Hear what was intended, what’s working, what’s not and a discussion of what’s really needed to grease the digital wheels of care coordination communications.
Peter Tippett, MD, PhD
Bill Braithwaite, MD, PhD
Dennis Robbins, Ph.D., M.P.H
Content Encryption: Key Issues to Consider
Original Air Date: November 18th
Speakers: Michael Osterman, President Osterman Research and Andy Nieto, IT Strategist, DataMotion
Attend and have a chance to win a Starbucks gift card during the event!
Osterman Research conducted an in-depth, primary market research study throughout August 2015, surveying 150 IT professionals knowledgeable about use of encryption in their organizations. This informative webinar will provide attendees with details on the survey results, address critical issues surrounding content encryption,and offer best practice recommendations and business process improvements for decision-makers to consider.
Highlights include the following:
- Statistics on manual and policy based content encryption use for email and file transfer Legal and regulatory impact of failing to encrypt content
- Complications related to mobile devices and cloud-based application use
- Barriers to adoption for content encryption
- Best practice recommendations including risk and business case analysis
Take the Anxiety out of Demonstrating HIPAA Compliance
Original Air Date: Tuesday November 3rd
HIPAA compliance. Those words can create a lot of anxiety for hospitals, providers and their business associates – especially when you have to prove you are in compliance. There is good reason for this concern. There is a lot of pressure to demonstrate sound policy and compliance and it can be challenging to do. But it does not have to be.
Whether you are trying to demonstrate compliance yourself or are a vendor with customers who are working to be compliant, this webinar is for you. Join industry experts Chris Apgar, CISSP, and Andy Nieto, Health IT Strategist, for a “how to” session on demonstrating compliance. Topics covered include:
- How to develop a compliance plan
- How to vet potential vendors
- How to audit existing vendors
- Role of data in use and data in motion
- How to document and report
- Checklist for your BAAs
‘Compliance As A Service’ New Revenue Streams For MSPs And Business Associates
Hosted By: Compliancy Group
Original Air Date: Thursday, September 24th
If you are an MSP or business associate working with healthcare providers – this webinar is for you! A panel of industry experts will discuss key tools to expand your portfolio to include ‘Compliance as a Service’ for your healthcare clients. In this webinar, a panel of industry experts will discuss key tools to use in expanding your portfolio of offerings to clients. Find out how to differentiate your company, increase revenue and client loyalty. Speakers include Andy Nieto, (Health IT Strategist at DataMotion), Marc Haskelson (President & CEO of Compliancy Group), Stuart Crawford (Founder & CEO, Ulistic Inc.) and Jon Matero (President/CEO, Network Heroes).
You’ll walk away with:
- Ideas for providing added value to your clients
- Ways to simplify compliance
- How to help clients protect data at rest, in motion and in use
- How to make your Managed Service Provider STRATOSPHERICALLY SUCCESSFUL
- Solutions for encryption as a service
- Solutions for compliance as a service
- The importance of a Culture of Compliance
- best practices to accelerate your business- tried and tested stories from the “trenches”
Tips for Using Encryption to Reduce HIPAA Compliance Risk and Protect Your Data
Original Air Date: June 24th, 2015
2015 HIPAA audits are coming. Very soon. Are you prepared? Learn some practical steps for implementing encryption to reduce your organization’s risk and prepare your organization for a possible audit.
In this webinar renowned security and privacy expert, Chris Apgar, CISSP, gives an update on the 2015 HIPAA audits, and discusses options for protecting PHI data at rest, what steps to take and how to implement them. Andy Nieto, Health IT Strategist, will cover the role encryption and secure messaging can play in protecting PHI data in motion. Together, they’ll offer best practices you can follow to lower your risk, including:
- 2015 HIPAA audit update
- How to get started – assessing your risk
- What your options are – how to protect PHI
- What’s the budget – dispelling the cost myth
- Using encryption appropriately – balancing the need to encrypt with getting work done
- Maintaining ease of use and efficient workflow
- Mobile devices and encryption
What you need to know about MU2 and Interoperability Webinar
Original Air Date: June 26th, 2014
Hosted By: Compliancy Group
Does this describe you?
- You are constantly challenged to stay abreast of the latest information on EHR integration and HIE interoperability, Meaningful Use stages, the Direct Project, clinician and patient portals, just to name a few.
- You walk a fine line between adopting health information technology for the good it can bring patient outcomes…….and for the good incentive dollars it can mean to your organization.
- You play a key role in ensuring your organization can attest for meaningful use.
Presented by Andy Nieto, Health IT Strategist at DataMotion. He’ll explain the key role that interoperability plays in Meaningful Use Stage 2 attestation including:
- What does interoperability really mean
- Why you can’t ignore interoperability
- How to achieve interoperability and make it meaningful
- What you need in order to attest
This webinar covers the nuts and bolts of Direct Secure Messaging and addresses the question – is it really the core to a truly interoperable future for healthcare information exchange? Topics covered include:
- What is Direct
- Where is it today
- How is it deployed
- Future of Direct
Presented by Andy Nieto, Health IT Strategist at DataMotion, and sponsored by The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI), the leading authority on the use of Health IT.